Managing safeguarding 20 articles
- Take a look at example safeguarding forms for recording child protection concerns and disclosures, from a local authority and schools. Plus, find a template spreadsheet you can download and use to track concerns and referrals in your school.
- Find out about conducting home visits to check on pupils’ welfare. Understand when and how to conduct ‘reasonable enquiries’ into a child’s whereabouts before removing them from the school roll.
- Use our checklist to help you make sure you're fulfilling the safeguarding and welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework 2023.
Safeguarding checks and the SCR 14 articles
- Understand childcare disqualification, who it applies to and how to conduct a disqualification check.
- Read our one-page summary of the childcare disqualification requirements and download a copy to share with your colleagues.
- Find out what checks are required for governors, members and trustees, so you can make sure your school is compliant with the latest statutory safeguarding guidance.
Specific safeguarding issues 7 articles
- Learn how to manage reports of child-on-child sexual violence and harassment in your school. Use our risk assessment to help you with your next steps, and display our poster so all staff know what to do if a child makes a disclosure.
- There are no laws on who can and can't collect pupils from school, or the age at which children can walk home alone. It’s up to you to decide how you want this to work in your school. Use our article to help you.
- Find out who's responsible for making sure safeguarding arrangements are in place when letting school premises to third parties, including PTAs. Be clear on where you stand with DBS checks, the Prevent duty and setting safeguarding expectations with the individuals and organisations hiring out your premises, as well as the procedures for handling any allegations.