You are here:
Keeping Children Safe in Education: proposed changes from September 2021
The DfE is consulting on proposed changes to KCSIE, after dropping an earlier consultation in March 2020. There's no new statutory requirements proposed - most of the proposals clarify and expand on existing guidance. See our full list of what's likely to be changing.
- What's happening?
- What am I most likely to have to do?
- Providing a condensed version of part 1
- Part 1: safeguarding information for all staff
- Part 2: the management of safeguarding
- Part 3: more details on safer recruitment measures
- Part 4: handling allegations against staff
- Part 5: child-on-child sexual violence and sexual harassment
- Annex B: specific safeguarding issues
- Annex C: role of the designated safeguarding lead (DSL)
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.