You are here:

Responsibility for paying for an educational psychologist assessment

Ref: 31867
Last updated on 26 September 2017
School types: All · School phases: All
In-depth article
Who should pay for a pupil's educational psychologist assessment? In this article, we look at whether the school or the local authority should pay for an educational psychologist, in the case of an EHC needs assessment and if it is not an EHC needs assessment.

Article tools

More from The Key

CPD Toolkit Fresh

CPD Toolkit makes it easy to run training in-house

Covering a wide range of topics, including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.