You are here:
Differentiating between SEN and underachievement
How can we differentiate between SEN and underachievement? In this article, we refer to the SEND Code of Practice and relay advice on how to identify and address different pupils' needs. You will also find a KeyDoc to help teaching staff identify SEN, and a case study from a teaching school.
- Defining special educational needs and provision
- Identifying SEN: expert guidance
- Helping staff to identify SEN: KeyDoc and guidance
- Identifying SEN: case study from a teaching school
- Using terms before a pupil is formally diagnosed
- Short-term interventions: should pupils be on the SEND register?
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.