You are here:
2019 inspection framework: exclusive interview with Ofsted
We put your burning questions to Ofsted’s deputy director for schools, Matthew Purves. Here’s what he said about on-site inspection time, the EBacc, the controversial ‘Outstanding’ grade, and more.
- Why do we need a new framework?
- How long will it take to fully embed the new framework?
- On-site preparation time: can the headteacher leave the school site?
- Will not looking at internal data raise the stakes for external data?
- Why the emphasis on EBacc, if we can decide our own curriculum?
- How will you judge a school in a challenging area?
- How will you ensure judgements are consistent?
- Why are you changing the framework now?
- Why do we still have the 'Outstanding' grade?
- Final words: 'think about your curriculum, but not for Ofsted'
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.