You are here:
Inspection of new academies: FAQs
What are the inspection arrangements for new academies? This article cites Ofsted's guidance, and comments from one of our associate education experts, on the inspection of new academies and of schools that are in the process of converting.
- When will a new academy be inspected?
- When will schools that join a MAT be inspected?
- Can a school applying to convert to academy status be inspected?
- How will Ofsted inspect attainment and progress in a new academy?
- Can new academies with only one year of data be rated ‘outstanding’?
- Are there examples of new academies being rated ‘outstanding’?
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.