You are here:
Ofsted inspection: curriculum FAQs from small schools, special schools, PRUs and AP settings
Not sure how the 2019 framework will apply in your setting? Get answers to frequently asked questions about curriculum inspection in schools like yours.
- How does Ofsted decide which deep dives to do?
- We're an all-through school. Will Ofsted do the same deep dives in our primary and secondary phases?
- Multi-site pupil referral units/AP academies: will Ofsted inspect the curriculum across bases or is it base-specific?
- Special schools are more likely to create personalised curricula or have pre-subject learners. Does Ofsted take this into account?
- How will Ofsted inspect the curriculum in short-term schools?
- Can headteachers join deep dive meetings with subject leaders?
- Can we show inspectors our internal assessment data even if they don't ask for it?
- Some schools struggle to recruit subject specialists. Does Ofsted take this into account?
- In small schools, staff may lead multiple subjects. Does Ofsted consider this?
- What if we don't have a subject leader for each subject?
- What's the difference between the initial phone call in a section 8 inspection vs a section 5?
- What if Ofsted picks a deep dive subject for which there aren't enough timetabled lessons on a given day?
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.