You are here:
Ofsted inspection: curriculum FAQs
Not sure how Ofsted will inspect your curriculum? Get answers to frequently asked questions under the 2019 framework.
- How does Ofsted decide which deep dives to do?
- Can headteachers join deep dive meetings with subject leaders?
- Can we show inspectors our internal assessment data even if they don't ask for it?
- Some schools struggle to recruit subject specialists. Does Ofsted take this into account?
- What's the difference between the initial phone call in a section 8 inspection vs a section 5?
- What if Ofsted picks a deep dive subject for which there aren't enough timetabled lessons on a given day?
- What if a subject leader can't make it to school during the inspection and their subject is chosen for a deep dive?
- What if we don't have a subject leader for each subject?
- Some of our staff lead multiple subjects. Does Ofsted take that into account?
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.