Download our list of questions
This resource includes questions Ofsted might ask you about:
- Quality of education (curriculum)
- As the headteacher or senior leader, be prepared for inspectors to ask you a few top-level questions about:
- Your vision
- Curriculum intent
- Strengths and weaknesses of your curriculum provision
- Personal development
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Leadership and management
This resource is based on:
- Questions Ofsted asked leaders in 8 schools about their curriculum (for the 'quality of education' measure) under the 2019 Ofsted framework
- Advice from our associate education experts Alvin Jeffs, Gulshan Kayembe, Andrew Lagden, David New and Nina Siddall-Ward
Once you've familiarised yourself with these, you can use our subject-specific questions to help you prepare for the more detailed questions you might be asked if your subject is chosen for a ‘deep dive’.
How inspectors decide what to ask
Focus your preparation time by identifying which areas inspectors are most likely to be interested in when inspecting your school.