Questions Ofsted might ask teachers
Share our questions with your teachers so they know what inspectors might ask them about the curriculum. Plus, get your teachers Ofsted-ready in other judgement areas.
Ofsted will take COVID-19 into account
While COVID-19 is no longer a separate section in the school inspection handbook, Ofsted will consider it when inspecting your school.
For example, the School Inspection Handbook states that inspectors:
- Will recognise that some parts of your curriculum may be more developed than others
- Will look at how your school's curriculum intent accounts for delays and gaps in learning as a result of the pandemic
- May discuss remote education with teachers, parents and carers, and pupils
- Will consider how your deployment of tutors (where you use them) supports your curriculum aims
- Will be mindful of national data, where they use it
Find out more about how Ofsted inspects your curriculum.
Questions about your curriculum
Ofsted inspectors will talk to your teachers during 'deep dives' into specific subjects – teachers will mostly be asked these questions in groups after lesson observations.
Download and share the list below with your primary teachers so they know what deep dive questions inspectors might ask.
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Get safeguarding peace of mind this summer term
Walk into the summer term with everything you need to maintain safeguarding vigilance in your school.
Download our summer term briefing pack, available for free to DSLs for a limited time only.
- Need-to-know: Academy Trust Handbook 2022 published 24 Aug 2022 19:02
- Need-to-know: Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) updated for 2022 20 May 2022 14:02
- Need-to-know: DfE launches consultation on changes to behaviour and exclusion guidance 4 Feb 2022 09:29
- Need-to-know: DfE publishes new statutory guidance on the cost of school uniform 19 Nov 2021 08:51
- Need-to-know: STPCD 2021 published 4 Oct 2021 10:30
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.