You are here:
Inspection of teaching, learning and assessment
What are the Ofsted inspection criteria for teaching, learning and assessment? This article sets out the criteria inspectors will use, and evidence they will consider, when making a judgement on teaching, learning and assessment. It also includes advice from four of our associate education experts.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment: graded judgement
- Criteria for assessing teaching, learning and assessment
- Observing teaching, learning and assessment
- Inspecting the impact of literacy and mathematics teaching
- Schools with a high proportion of NQTs
- Schools with teachers undergoing capability procedures
- Assessment systems: Ofsted criteria
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.