You are here:
Ofsted changes for September 2021: summary
Ofsted has updated its inspection handbooks for September 2021. See what's changing for the new academic year, including inspection guidance on sexual harassment and the extension of inspection windows.
- Quick summary: what's changing?
- Ofsted transitional period until March 2022 at least
- COVID-19 adaptations in your school
- Harmful sexual behaviour
- Inspection intervals extended by up to 6 terms
- Risk assessment process for formerly exempt schools
- Careers information, education, advice and guidance (CIEAG)
- Section 8 inspection handbook changes
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) changes
- Other changes Ofsted has made
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.