How is a long-term strategic plan different to a SIP?
A long-term strategic plan will:
- Outline a top-level overview of the direction of your school improvement over the next 3/4/5 years
- Help you break down how you're going to achieve your school's vision
A school improvement plan (SIP) will:
- Outline how you'll achieve part of that strategy across a 1/2/3 year period
- Include specific actions you need to take to meet your medium-term objectives
- Keep you on track for achieving your overall long-term strategy
Get more detail on the differences and learn how the two feed into your school improvement planning in this article.
Make sure your vision statement reflects your school's aspirations
You likely won't need to review your vision statement in light of the changes over the past year and the issues