Long-term strategic plans: examples
See examples of long-term strategic plans from primary, secondary and special schools, and a multi-academy trust.
Primary school examples
Community school in Cumbria
Fellview Primary School has published a 3-year strategic plan for 2020-2023. The school is rated as 'good' by Ofsted.
The plan is split up into the 4 Ofsted judgements, with the goal of becoming outstanding in each judgement.
It also lists the school's vision, objectives and general principles for achieving those objectives, such as:
- Setting high standards
- Making pupils responsible for their own learning
- Communicating clear expectations
- Working closely with stakeholders
Voluntary-controlled school in West Berkshire
Purley Church of England Primary School has a 5-year strategic plan for 2017-2022. It lists 4 strategic priorities:
- Excellence in Whole Child Education
- Building community
- Effective use of resources
- Effective and committed leadership, governance and financial control
The document includes plans for implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and a visual representation of the plan.
Secondary school example
Harrow Way School has a 3-year strategic plan for 2020-2023. It outlines the school's strategic priorities,