Reading action plans (primary)
Download and adapt our Key Stage 2 (KS2) reading action plan template to help you create your own, and see examples of reading action plans from other schools.
Download our template KS2 reading action plan
Use our sample action plan to:
- Get an idea of what to include in your school's plan
- Find suggestions for how to achieve improvements in 3 areas, including:
- Attainment outcomes in reading across the school
- The teaching of reading
- Pupil-level interventions
- See examples of success criteria for the areas above
Adapt this plan to suit your school's priorities, as outlined in your school improvement plan (SIP).
See examples from other schools
Frodsham Manor House Primary School in Cheshire has a reading action plan for 2019-20. It divides its action plan into terms, with clear milestones to achieve each action.
Birkwood Primary School in Yorkshire features a 'reflection' section in its 2019/20 reading action plan, with key questions to ask.
Resources needed Staff training What will be scrutinised each