Download our template Key Stage (KS) 2 reading action plan
Use our sample action plan to:
- Get an idea of what to include in your school's plan
- Find suggestions for how to achieve improvements in 3 areas, including:
- Attainment outcomes in reading across the school
- The teaching of reading
- Pupil-level interventions
- See examples of success criteria for the areas above
Adapt this plan to suit your school's priorities, as outlined in your school improvement plan (SIP).
See examples from other schools
Frodsham Manor House Primary School in Cheshire has a reading action plan for 2021/22. It:
- Divides its action plan into terms, with clear milestones to measure whether each action is achieved
- Specifies which member of staff is accountable for the plan, and the link governor
- Includes success criteria
- Has space for staff to review whether it has been successful
Muswell Hill Primary School in London has an early reading and phonics action plan for spring 2022.