You are here:
Analysing pupil performance data (secondary)
Analysing your school's performance data is a key part of understanding attainment and improving teaching and learning. Read our guidance on how to go about it, including what to focus on, and how to analyse data from ASP and IDSR.
Use these performance data tools and sources
There are various tools that allow you to analyse different performance data, such as:
- Analyse School Performance (ASP) for headline measures, such as progress 8 and attainment 8 (see later in the article on how to analyse data using ASP)
- Inspection data summary report (IDSR) for 2019 and 2021 year group contextual information, and 2019 performance data, including Key Stage (KS) 4 subject-level data
- DfE school comparison tool to compare exam and test results with other schools
- Your school spreadsheets that record in-class test results, student voice confidence levels and syllabus coverage, for example
- Local models for analysis, such as local authority (LA) or academy models
- Purchased models linked to schemes of work
You can use data from:
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.