30-minute briefing: key changes, how to manage behaviour and how to handle suspensions, permanent exclusions, searching and confiscation
Use this presentation to make sure all your staff are aware of the main changes to the DfE's behaviour guidance that comes into force in September 2022. The briefing gives an overview of the guidance – it's adaptable to your school's context and is suitable for any member of school staff.
- The key changes to the guidance
- The new term 'behaviour curriculum', i.e. how to promote expected behaviour
- How to manage incidents of challenging behaviour and provide support to pupils
- How your school manages suspensions and permanent exclusions
- How your school manages searching and confiscation
Please note that this briefing is designed to provide a summary of the new guidance for all staff. Certain members of staff, e.g. headteachers, the senior leadership team and designated safeguarding leads, are likely to need a more detailed understanding of this guidance.