30-minute briefing: the impact of cost-of-living challenges on our community
Use this presentation to get every member of staff feeling confident about how to handle concerns that might arise from cost of living challenges. This briefing is adaptable, so you can include your school's specific procedures.
- How this issue is creating the perfect safeguarding storm
- We've focused on specific safeguarding concerns related to cost-of-living challenges:
- Mental health
- Domestic abuse
- Bullying, including cyber-bullying
- Child criminal exploitation (CCE) e.g. 'county lines'
- How to spot the signs a pupil may need support
- What to do if you need to report something
- How to have sensitive conversations with families
Note: select 'enable editing' to view the below downloads if the formatting is affected by your specific version of Word or PowerPoint.
Adapt the yellow highlighted parts to suit your school's circumstances.
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to preparing for and delivering this