Find out how staff are doing at the moment
Send out a wellbeing questionnaire
This will help you get a sense of what’s working well, and what you need to put in place.
Your wellbeing questionnaire should cover areas such as whether staff:
- Feel stressed at work
- Feel adequately supported at work
- Are happy with their work-life balance
- Have trouble sleeping
- Have a reasonable amount of energy
- Feel equipped to manage their workload
- Are worried about issues beyond school, for example bills
As well as open questions so staff can put forward suggestions, use a scale of 1 to 5 so that you can quantify the data. This suggestion, as well as some of the question areas above, are included in the Education Support Partnership’s guide to looking after teacher wellbeing.
Make sure that you share the survey with your SLT, as well as filling