What's different about this?
- It's a quick way to separate tasks that are "unnecessary" from those that have an actual impact on pupil outcomes
- Staff drive it: all staff are involved and have their views heard on the real, sometimes hidden, impact of tasks on their own workload
- It brings about real change: if enough staff vote to 'ditch' or 'tweak' something, that's what the school does
It’ll work for you if you're ...
- Open to making big changes to reduce staff workload
- Willing to put everything your school does on the table – nothing is sacred
- Willing to have honest and sometimes challenging conversations with your staff
Secondary schools could adapt the steps below to run this exercise within departments, or at a whole-school and department level, depending on your structure and context. Kensington Primary