You are here:
Slash teachers' workload: what to stop doing
Cut out these 8 time-consuming practices and win back precious hours for your staff, without sacrificing learning or inspection outcomes.
- Don't panic about Ofsted
- Avoid lengthy feedback in pupils' books
- Only create a policy when you need to
- Don't be on call 24/7
- Only record data that will make a difference
- Don't hold meetings for meetings' sake
- Stop tailoring classes into 'learning styles'
- Don't spend too much time on award-winning school reports
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.