You are here:
The SENCO as a strategic leader: guidance
Want to read more?
To read this article in full, sign up for a free trial of The Key.
The Key gives school leaders access to:
- Thousands of online articles, with information and resources on all aspects of school leadership
- Model policies, examples of school policies, plus policy checklists
- An interactive online calendar of important dates
- Downloadable template forms and reports, planners and checklists
- Our unlimited 'Ask the expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- A weekly News Briefing
Already a member?
- 1 Understanding the SENCO role: relationships with staff, governors and parents
- 2 Evaluating and meeting pupil needs
- 3 Staff CPD and training
- 4 Developing and evaluating school-wide SEN provision
- 5 Support and resources for the SENCO
- 6 National Award for SEN Co-ordination: the SENCO's role as leader of SEN
- 2 external links
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.