You are here:

Last updated on 25 June 2019
Ref: 2751
School types: All · School phases: All

Read advice on how pay support staff (including school business managers) who are on the senior leadership team (SLT) is set.

Article tools


  1. Pay for support staff is determined locally
  2. Advice on pay arrangements for support staff on the SLT
  3. Pay for school business managers (SBMs) on the SLT
  4. Requesting a salary review
  5. Support staff job profiles and levels

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.