Download our template
Use this to help you spot high-quality questioning techniques in the classroom. Adapt the template to your school's context and the focus of each learning walk.
It includes examples of best practice you can look out for, including:
- Open and closed questions
- Engaging 'hooks' that motivate pupils to want to learn more
- Critical thinking opportunities
- Assessing pupils' prior knowledge
- 'Bloom's taxonomy' styles of questioning – lower and higher order thinking skills
Read our guide on how to conduct a learning walk and learn how 1 school used learning walks to cut their SLT's workload.
Find out more about effective questioning techniques.