Tips for writing performance objectives
Set objectives for your SENCO that relate to:
- Your school's improvement plan
- The SENCO's personal and/or professional development
Get ideas from official documents that explain the role and requirements of a SENCO, such as:
- The SEND code of practice (see pages 108-109 for a summary of the role of the SENCO in schools)
- The learning outcomes for the National Award for SENCOs
Below are some sample objectives that you can tailor to your specific needs, for example:
- The key strategic aims of your school
- The needs of the pupils with SEN in your school
- Your SENCO's level of experience
Another article from The Key looks in more detail at how to write performance objectives.
Curriculum and learning
To establish systems to support staff in making sure that pupils with SEN make progress in all aspects of the curriculum, especially English and maths, in line with targets and expected outcomes.
New strategies and systems are implemented