You are here:
Headship: evaluating the first year
How can I measure my performance after one year of headship? One of The Key's associate education experts, David Roche, sets out the main tasks and challenges facing a new headteacher. He discusses how an individual's responses can be used to evaluate the first year of headship.
- Responding to the challenges of the first year of headship
- Typical challenges in the first year
- Main tasks in the first year
- Creating a personalised list of tasks and aims
- Difficulty of using attainment to measure short-term success
- Professional development for new headteachers
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.