You are here:
Performance management of teaching assistants: FAQs
- 1 Are there requirements for TA appraisal?
- 2 Should TAs on short-term contracts be formally appraised?
- 3 How should we appraise an HLTA who is also an unqualified teacher?
- 4 Can a more senior TA do the appraisal for TAs on lower pay grades?
- 5 Should classroom-based support staff be observed?
- 6 Can we grade TA performance against the Ofsted criteria?
- 7 Feedback from Ofsted: can it be used in performance management?
- 8 external links
More from The Key
From easy-to-digest 15-minute briefings to ready-made presentations and handouts, we’ve got everything you need to confidently deliver high-impact in-school training.
Download two resources as part of your trial:
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.