Learning mentor: interview questions
See possible interview questions and scenarios to ask candidates for a learning mentor position, and read guidance on the skills to look out for in the interview process.
Use these suggested questions when you're interviewing candidates for a learning mentor position in your school. Some cover similar areas so that your interview panel has a choice of questions depending on the specific situation.
Our thanks to education consultant David Roche for putting these together.
Example introductory questions
- Can you tell us about your strengths and skills and why you have applied for this role?
- What can you bring to our school?
- Why do you want to work at our school?
- What motivates you to do well? What makes you tick? Describe a situation where you feel you did well to illustrate that
- What do you see as your biggest accomplishment to date in your career, and why?
How do you think you have prepared yourself for this role? What qualities do you think the role entails? Which of these would you need help and support to