Cleaner: interview questions
Read a range of interview questions, including questions to highlight experience and common scenarios a cleaner might encounter in a school. Also see examples of what good answers might look like.
Open with some general questions
Use similar opening and closing questions as you would for other roles. These might include:
- Why have you applied for this job in particular?
- What strengths could you bring to the role?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- If you were offered the job, would you take it?
Questions about experience and knowledge
Questions for cleaners should cover their experience on the job. For example:
- How much experience do you have?
- In a bathroom or toilet, what are the 3 most important cleaning duties?
- What cleaning products do you normally use?
- Would you use different products for different areas and/or pieces of furniture?
- What makes you a good cleaner?
These questions are taken from Interview Area, a website providing interview questions and answers.
Are you comfortable working as part of a cleaning team? Are you willing to take a night shift if needed? How often do you think you need to