Our associate education experts Bernard Abrams, Tony Cook, Trevor Bailey and Jenny Moss helped us to put this article together.
Choose from our list of interview questions
Here's a list of possible interview questions for a deputy headteacher. Use it during each interview to record the responses given and score evidence (you'll need one copy for each interview).
In the download, you'll find:
- General questions for any school type
- Tailored questions for primary, secondary, special and faith schools
- Tips for what to look for in candidates' answers
Before you start:
- Be sure to personalise our example questions to the role you're recruiting for, your school and any issues your school is facing
- Don’t treat our ‘what to look for’ column as a checklist – candidates' answers will vary based on their experiences
- There are many questions in our list, so you won't need to ask all of them