School business manager/bursar: interview questions
Use our example interview questions for SBM/bursar candidates to help you recruit the right person for this role in your school. For each topic, find out what to look out for in candidates' answers as suggested by our associate education experts.
- Strategy, vision and financial management
- Site management, premises and health and safety
- Use of ICT
- Procedures, regulations and line management
- Relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- Managing underperforming staff and ensuring their improvement
- Managing change effectively
- Get ideas for interview tasks
Click on the topics below to see possible interview questions and our experts' suggestions for what you'll want to look out for in a good candidate's answers.
Strategy, vision and financial management Can you give an example of how an SBM can make a positive contribution to the school improvement plan? Your headteacher has asked you to draw up a budget plan for the next 3 years: What information would you need to do this? What difficulties do you foresee and how would you overcome them? The school budget is going to be severely affected by an unpredicted rise in energy costs. What ideas would