You are here:
Interview questions: school business manager/bursar
Use our example interview questions for SBM/bursar candidates to help you recruit the right person for this role in your school. For each topic, find out what to look out for in candidates' answers as suggested by our associate education experts.
- Strategy, vision and financial management
- Site management, premises and health and safety
- Use of ICT
- Procedures, regulations and line management
- Relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- Managing underperforming staff and ensuring their improvement
- Managing change effectively
- Get ideas for interview tasks
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.