You are here:
Interview questions: school business manager/bursar
Use our example interview questions for SBM/bursar candidates to help you recruit the right person for this role in your school. For each topic, find out what to look out for in candidates' answers as suggested by our associate education experts.
- Strategy, vision and financial management
- Site management, premises and health and safety
- Use of ICT
- Procedures, regulations and line management
- Relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- Managing underperforming staff and ensuring their improvement
- Managing change effectively
- Get ideas for interview tasks
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.