SENCO: interview questions
Download and adapt our interview record sheet to help you recruit your next SENCO - it's got pointers on what to look for in candidates' answers.
Download our interview record sheet
Use it to help you prepare and conduct interviews for a SENCO. It has:
- Pointers on what to look for in answers
- Space to record responses
- An evidence score
The interview record sheet isn't intended to be prescriptive or to give an exhaustive list of questions - choose the ones that work best for your setting and the issues facing your school.
We worked with 3 of our associate education experts to produce these questions and pointers on what to look for in answers (find out more below).
See SENCO interview tasks
Read our other article to find examples of tasks you could use in an interview for a SENCO.
- Lorraine Petersen is an education consultant. Previously the chief executive officer of Nasen and a primary school headteacher, she is also a chair of governors
- Jenny Moss was the headteacher of a special school judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. She has worked in school leadership for almost 20 years
- Trevor Bailey has extensive experience in school leadership and management, and was a secondary headteacher for 14 years