You are here:
Interview questions: SENCO
Download and adapt our interview record sheet to help you recruit your next SENCO - it's got pointers on what to look for in candidates' answers.
Download our interview record sheet
Use it to help you prepare and conduct interviews for a SENCO. It has:
- Pointers on what to look for in answers
- Space to record responses
- An evidence score
The interview record sheet isn't intended to be prescriptive or to give an exhaustive list of questions - choose the ones that work best for your setting and the issues facing your school.
We worked with 3 of our associate education experts to produce these questions and pointers on what to look for in answers (find out more below).
See SENCO interview tasks
Read our other article to find examples of tasks you could use in an interview for a SENCO.
- Lorraine Petersen is an education consultant. Previously the chief executive officer of Nasen and a primary school headteacher, she is also a chair of governors
- Jenny Moss was the headteacher of a special school judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. She has worked in school leadership for almost 20 years
- Trevor Bailey has extensive experience in school leadership and management, and was a secondary headteacher for 14 years
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.