You are here:
Early career teacher (ECT) induction: FAQs
See answers to common questions about the early career teacher (ECT) induction requirements that will apply from 1 September 2021.
- What happens to teachers going through induction at the moment?
- How has the headteacher’s role changed?
- What do I need to do to get ready?
- Will we get extra funding?
- What are the rules on absence?
- How long is induction for part-time teachers?
- Can we reduce the induction period for experienced teachers?
- When will the DfE’s portal go live?
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.