You are here:
Newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction: performance management and pay
Are NQTs subject to performance management arrangements? This article looks at the appraisal regulations, and statutory guidance on newly qualified teacher (NQT) induction. It also looks at guidance on assessing NQTs, and whether NQTs are entitled to a pay rise after completing induction.
- Appraisal regulations do not apply during NQT induction
- Statutory guidance on NQT induction
- Assessment of NQTs against the Teachers’ Standards
- Local authority guidance on assessment of NQTs
- Formal assessment forms for NQTs
- Moving into the appraisal cycle after induction
- Pay for NQTs after they complete induction
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.