You are here:
Resource hub: Recruiting a classroom teacher
6 recruitment essentials (when recruiting for any role)
These resources can help you save time and feel confident about compliance with statutory requirements:
- Statutory requirements for recruitment in schools (maintained schools and academies)
- Writing a job description (downloadable KeyDoc template and guidance)
- Effective recruitment: case studies (from 3 secondary and 3 primary schools)
- Job offer template letters (3 examples)
- Checks for new school staff (downloadable KeyDoc list)
- Effective induction of new school staff (includes 6 tips from a teaching school)
Recruiting a classroom teacher
Job descriptions, person specifications, interview questions, interview tasks and more:
More from The Key
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.