You are here:
Recruiting outstanding teachers
Although you can never fully eliminate the risk of making the wrong appointment, you can take steps to ensure the best teachers are attracted to the post and that the recruitment panel is able to evaluate candidates' practice. Read on for ways to do this.
- Structure the recruitment process well
- Use the application pack and advert well
- Make clear what you can offer
- Assess evidence of 'outstanding' practice
- Build relationships within the profession
- Use psychometric tests for senior teaching appointments
- Develop 'outstanding' teaching
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.