You are here:
Academy conversion: FAQs
This article addresses a number of frequently asked questions about academy conversion, including which schools can convert and whether schools can change their mind about converting. It also answers questions on multi-academy trusts and what happens if a school has a budget deficit or surplus.
- Which schools can convert to an academy?
- Can we change our mind about converting to an academy after consulting?
- If we change our mind and decide to join a MAT, do we need to consult again?
- How can we convert to a co-operative MAT?
- Does an academy joining a MAT keep its company registration number?
- Does a VC school need to gain consent from its trust?
- Will Ofsted downgrade a school for not converting?
- How can we estimate our budget until our conversion date?
- What if my school has a budget deficit?
- What if my school has a budget surplus?
- Can we bring forward the academy conversion date?
- What happens to a federation when schools convert?
- What are the implications of academisation on nursery provision?
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.