Admissions and roll
Admissions processes and appeals 7 articles
- Parents and carers can appeal admission decisions. Be clear on how to handle appeals, get details on how the full appeals process works, and download our template appeal outcome letter.
- Learn about parents' rights to delay when their child starts school and what's involved in the process for summer-born children.
- There are times when you can't meet the needs of a pupil with an EHC plan. Be clear on your requirements and use our checklist to help you make the best possible case to your LA if you want to challenge a pupil's placement at your school.
Managing the PAN 3 articles
- Find out who's responsible for increasing your published admission number (PAN), and how to prepare if an increase is coming.
- Read advice on admitting pupils above the published admission number (PAN), how to increase or reduce your PAN, and appeal your admission authority's decision.
- Admission authorities must consult when they propose to decrease a school's PAN. See information on timescales and who must be consulted. If you're a special school, find out how to change your agreed pupil number.
Managing the roll 2 articles
- Understand what having a dual registered pupil at your school means for you. Find out how to register them for exams and on your school census, and where to go for information about funding.
- If you have to delete a pupil from your school's admission register, you want to be clear on the legalities. Understand the conditions under which you can remove a pupil and use our template to pass on the required information to your LA before you do.