Equality and inclusion
Equality requirements and procedures 9 articles
- Accessibility plan: requirements Your school must have an accessibility plan. Find out what your plan needs to include, and follow our step-by-step guide to make sure you stay compliant.
- Accessibility plans: audit checklists Get guidance on carrying out an accessibility audit as part of your duty to have an accessibility plan. Find out who to consult and see examples from schools and local councils.
- Daily collective worship: requirements and guidance Find out about your requirements for providing collective worship and how to go about holding it. Be clear on whether pupils and teachers can withdraw.
Specific equality considerations 10 articles
- Anti-racist reading lists for staff To create an anti-racist curriculum and teach in a way that's truly inclusive, you and your staff need to first understand the issues. These books and resources should support you on this journey.
- Create an anti-racism action plan to suit your school community Find out how feedback from your school community should inform your anti-racism action plan, so you can address the specific problems faced in your school. Learn how to set specific objectives, meaningful actions and achievable milestones, and how to measure progress so you know your school's on the right track.
- How to improve diversity in children’s books to support an anti-racist curriculum Only 4% of British children’s books published in 2018 featured a main character from a BAME background. Improve representation and diversity in your school library and classrooms, so that they reflect the society we live in, and BAME pupils feel represented and valued.