What is it?
Integrated curriculum and financial planning (ICFP) is a management process that helps you plan the best curriculum for your pupils with the funding you have available.
Any school phase or type can use it.
- Measuring your current curriculum, staffing structure and finances
- Using the data to create a 3 to 5-year plan
Why should we use it?
Linking your curriculum and financial planning can help you deliver a curriculum that’s:
- Financially sustainable
- The best your school can afford
- Tailored to your pupils’ needs
- Educationally successful
Where do we start?
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to ICFP, but it should include analysing your:
- Teacher deployment
- Use of support staff
- Non-staffing costs
- Balance of income and costs
Use the DfE’s 7-step guide to ICFP to help you get started, and see the ‘getting started with ICFP’ section here.
Measure as many variables as you can, to help you make more accurate predictions