What is it?
Integrated curriculum and financial planning (ICFP) is a management process that helps you plan the best curriculum for your pupils with the funding you have available.
Any school phase or type can use it.
- Measuring your current curriculum, staffing structure and finances
- Using the data to create a 3 to 5-year plan
Why should we use it?
Linking your curriculum and financial planning can help you deliver a curriculum that’s:
- Financially sustainable
- The best your school can afford
- Tailored to your pupils’ needs
- Educationally successful
Where do we start?
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to ICFP, but it should include analysing your:
- Teacher deployment
- Use of support staff
- Non-staffing costs
- Balance of income and costs
Measure as many variables as you can, to help you make more accurate predictions