Identify your unique selling points
So you can find out what's going to make your school stand out from the rest.
If you're a trust leader, you'll need to carry out this exercise for each of your schools.
Look at what's unique about your school
- Do you have a subject specialism or good school facilities? (e.g. sports equipment)
- What are you doing that other schools in your area aren't? (e.g. wrap around care)
- What's special about your curriculum?
- What extra-curricular activities does your school offer?
Think about what you've done to address challenges
- Look at your self-evaluation form (SEF)
- How have you addressed issues brought up by Ofsted?
- Where is your school going in the future? (Look at your SIP)
Consider your vision, values and ethos
- Are you happy with them?
- Do they accurately reflect your school?
- Articulate these so they are clear throughout the school
Once you've identified some key selling points, you need to check whether