Data protection and information management
Collecting information 8 articles
- Get tips on how to collect and use data to help you determine where your HR practices could be more inclusive. Find out what steps to take to improve equality for your staff.
- Know what to include in your pupil records, and what should be on the records' cover sheets. Also, be clear on what you should keep separate to the record.
- All schools need to hold an admission register. Find out what should be in it and read answers to frequently asked questions.
Data protection and sharing information 30 articles
- Take a look at our tips to make sure you stay compliant with data protection around the use of artificial intelligence (AI) tools. Share them with your team to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- There's lots of new information to absorb now that you've taken on the role of data protection officer (DPO). Download our 'cheat sheet' to help you remember the key UK GDPR principles, deadlines and definitions.
- Find out how to transfer safeguarding files securely, and what information you should include. We also look at communicating with other schools and parents.
Retaining records 4 articles
- Understand the guidance on keeping child protection records, including the information on pupil files, court orders and allegations made against members of staff.
- Learn what records you need to keep following incidents in school that need first aid, as well as how long to keep the records to make sure you're complying with UK GDPR and relevant legislation.
- Understand what information you should keep in staff personnel records and how long you should keep it for, so you can make sure you're compliant.