Supporting learning in the EYFS
EYFS assessment 6 articles
- Assessment requirements in the EYFS Learn about the 3 statutory requirements under the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework 2021 and the role of your local authority, and how these differ from the 2017 framework.
- EYFS: how to effectively monitor progress Leave the excessive paperwork behind – instead, find out how to use your professional judgement to monitor and assess children’s progress in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- EYFS: proformas for tracking pupil progress If you find proformas helpful for tracking progress, download our individual and cohort-level tools to monitor progress against the early learning goals in your Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
EYFS curriculum 11 articles
- Effective child-initiated learning in the EYFS Learn what constructive child-led learning practice looks like and how to find a good balance of child-initiated and adult-led activities. Use our expert's guidance to understand how to provide challenge to your pupils in the early years during child-initiated learning.
- EYFS: evaluating the learning environment Download our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) learning environment audit to assess the indoor and outdoor learning spaces in your early years provision.
- EYFS framework: changes from September 2021 Changes to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework applied from 1 September 2021. Download our summary sheet to compare and contrast the changes with the previous framework, and read about the changes to assessment and moderation.