Your teachers must use the pre-KS1 and KS2 standards set by the STA to make statutory teacher assessment judgements:
- At the end of each Key Stage
- For pupils engaged in subject-specific study, who are working below the National Curriculum teacher assessment frameworks
For reading, writing and mathematics, the interim standards of attainment are:
- 4 standards in KS1, from 'standard 1' to 'standard 4'
- 6 standards in KS2, from 'standard 1' to 'standard 6'
Use the engagement model to assess pupils not yet engaged in subject-specific study
You must use the engagement model to assess pupils who are:
- Working below the level of the National Curriculum, and
- Not engaged in subject specific study
The model replaced P scales 1 to 4.
Use the pre-KS1 and KS2 standards for summative assessment only
Are not a formative assessment tool Should not be used to: Track progress