Provider access policy statement: model and guidance
Adapt our model to save time and stay compliant when writing or reviewing your provider access policy statement. Understand your requirements and see examples from other schools and trusts.
Understand your requirements
All maintained schools and academies, including special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs) must:
- Give education and training providers the opportunity to talk to pupils in years 8 to 13 about approved technical qualifications and apprenticeships
- Explain in a policy statement:
- Any procedural requirements in relation to requests for access, e.g. the main point of contact at the school to whom requests should be directed
- The rules for granting and refusing access, e.g. details of careers lessons, assemblies or careers events that providers may attend. This should include your safeguarding policy
- What providers can expect once granted access, including details of premises or facilities to be provided
- Publish the policy statement, for example, on the school website
You can design the policy statement in a way that best suits your needs – for example, you could incorporate it into your wider careers plan.