Staff supervision policies
See examples from schools to help you write your supervision policy for staff with safeguarding responsibilities.
Cobham Primary School in Kent has an early years supervision policy that includes:
- Example questions to ask during supervision sessions
- Guidance on how to get the most out of supervision sessions
Joydens Wood Infant School in Kent has a supervision policy that looks at areas including:
- Structure of supervision within their performance management framework
- General principles of supervision
- Frequency of supervision sessions
It also includes a blank supervision record and supervision contract.
Ralph Thoresby School in Leeds has a safeguarding supervision policy that's based on Leeds City Council's supervision framework. It outlines:
- The functions of supervision
- An overview of the process
- Roles and responsiblities
Fairfield School in Kirklees has a supervision policy (see "other policies" at the bottom of the page). Some of the topics it sets out are:
The Ascent Academies Trust, composed of 4 special schools, has a trust-wide safeguarding supervision policy (see "further guidance"