You are here:
Managed moves and directing pupils offsite to improve behaviour
Can we temporarily transfer pupils at risk of exclusion to a different school? Pupils can be directed off-site to improve behaviour or schools can agree to a 'managed move'. This article cites procedures and policies from LAs and schools. You will also find answers to some frequently asked questions.
- Alternative provision placements: regulations and guidance
- Directing pupils off site: statutory guidance
- Managed move procedures: examples from LAs
- Managed move policies: examples from schools
- Pupil non-attendance at the alternative provision setting: advice
- Managed moves and directing pupils off site: FAQs
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.