- Primary to secondary transition: features of an effective programme Updated Get inspiration from primary and secondary schools that have embedded the key ingredients of successful transition into their programme to help pupils get ready for the jump to year 7.
Pupil transitions and pastoral systems
- Secondary transition: a trauma-informed approach Make secondary transition smoother and more consistent by collecting better quality information. Find out how 2 secondary leaders use a children's learning and wellbeing audit (CLAWBA) to help them provide the transition support that pupils need.
- Transition: reception to year 1 Use these strategies and techniques to smooth pupils' experience of transition from reception to year 1, and find out how EYFS practitioners and year 1 teachers should work together.
- Transition to secondary school: pupils with SEN Read about the requirement to plan for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) who are moving from primary to secondary school, and get tips for each phase to help the transition go smoothly.
- Welcome packs for parents and pupils Get help creating parent and pupil handbooks by using our parent pack template and seeing examples from other schools.