You are here:
How to help pupils with SEN contribute to their targets
Pupils with special educational needs (SEN) should be involved in monitoring and setting their targets for EHC plans and IEPs. Learn how to support pupils to do this, with advice from an SEN expert and guidance from a local authority.
- Ensure the pupil has access to the targets
- Maintain a record of achievements
- Ensure a supportive adult is available
- Prepare the pupil for review meetings
- Whole-school strategies support engagement with targets
- Strategies to enable pupils to communicate their views
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.