30-minute briefing: summary of the Equality Act 2010
Use this presentation to make sure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities when it comes to equality and inclusion.
The briefing is adaptable so you can personalise it to your school's context.
- What the Equality Act 2010 is
- What the 9 protected characteristics are
- Exceptions for pupils and schools
- The different types of discrimination people are protected from
- Disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments
- Positive action
Adapt the yellow highlighted parts to suit your school's context.
Use these facilitator notes as your step-by-step guide to preparing for and delivering this briefing.
You can download a handout of the briefing's key points, to distribute to staff.
Your presentation comes with a 5-minute 'quick quiz' assessment to check understanding